If you’ve ever owned trucks, trailers and/or other commercial vehicles you know how tiresome its maintenance can get. Being the driving force that literally help run your business, and ensure success, it is only natural that you invest in them with careful considerations.
An essential component of your trucking needs is its flooring. Most truck floorings are constantly exposed to heavy loads, adverse impact, corrosive substances, and other human factors. As a result, the flooring is bound to experience wear and tear. In such situations, if the flooring is not durable and does not fit your business, it will start showing cracks and uneven flatness, among other things.
Therefore, to ensure longevity and quality experience, your truck flooring needs to be
- Resistant to chemicals
- Resistant to water
- Easy to maintain
Whatever option your truck floor manufacturer offers you, make sure to inquire about these properties beforehand. With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at different truck flooring options available in the market.
Types of truck floorings
Below mentioned are some of the popularly used truck flooring options along with their salient features.
Rubber truck flooring
- Extremely durable and are perfect for heavy-duty trucks
- Protects your subfloor and supports joints
- Slip-resistant even when wet
- Super easy to maintain and clean
- Made from recycled tyres hence is eco-friendly
- Higher cost than other flooring options
Hardwood truck flooring
- Perfect for box trucks, dry vans and full-length trailers
- Strong, sturdy and durable
- Resistant to termites and borers
- Phenolic adhesive is used to prevent rot and decay
- Made for Keruing veneers
PVC tile flooring
- Flexible, durable with unique flooring patterns
- Resistant to chemicals
- Replaceable sections
- Vulnerable to damage from heavy objects
- Excellent anti-skid surface
Metal-reinforced truck flooring
- Uses sheets of metal wires between layers
- Bonded with Phenolic resin in a high-pressure hydraulic press
- Superior anti-skid property
- Resistant to chemicals and corrosives
- Resistant to moisture and termites
Vinyl sheet truck flooring
- Durable and easy to maintain
- Improved comfort underfoot
- Available in a variety of styles and patterns
- Vulnerable to harsh chemicals and spills
Although the truck flooring options mentioned above miss some of the 5 properties mentioned earlier, they all make for exceptional truck flooring options. Depending on the type of commercial vehicle you use, you can now make an informed decision considering the unique features of flooring options.
If you’re interested in purchasing either hardwood truck flooring or metal reinforced truck flooring, reach out to AK Group’s Apple Ply 一 the best plywood manufacturer in Bangalore. We offer superior quality truck floorings made from the finest quality timber in state-of-the-art factories. We only purchase FSC certified timber and CVI certified green products while complying with all E1 formaldehyde standards.
Check out product catalogue!